Saturday Surfing, Aug. 3, 2019
Happy Caturday, friend! I’m walking up and down the hallway doing a royal pageant wave because I feel like The Queen of Everything 👸 now that we have a working air conditioner! YAY!!!
Yep, a new AC, new water heater, and a new furnace, all of which were broken (in a 40-year-old condo, when it rains, it pours).
So if you need me this weekend, you’ll find me sitting under a vent, living my best life. 😁
Now, this week’s reading…
- Want to know what Cleopatra smelled like? Two University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa professors have recreated her ancient perfume, and it’ll be showcased in a National Geographic exhibit.
- Speaking of fragrances, Cosmopolitan (as in the magazine), is launching a new perfume.
- A brief history of one of my favorite brands of all time: MAC.
- How sweet! This gorgeous fluffy kitty brings her neighbors pink flowers.
- Could this be the dawn of a new day for wannabe cat ladies with allergies? Scientists are studying how adding an antibody to feline food may help people with cat allergies.
- Sooooo many fun facts about cat paws in this post, including the fact that cats can be left- or right- pawed. I wish I could remember which one Tabs was (I think he may have been right-pawed).
- Shoot, even Idris Elba has no idea what the Cats movie is all about, and he’s starring in it! Lawd help me, but I think I need to experience that train wreck.
- 10 cult classic lipsticks, according to Vogue
- What skin care formulators say you should save (sunscreen, niacinamide, salicylic acid) and splurge (retinol, vitamin C, hyaluronic acid) on…
- Speaking of skin care, there’s some serious hype surrounding chemical exfoliant polyhydroxy acids (PHAs) right now.
- OLAPLEX’s new hair oil is supposed to make your hair look uber-glossy without adding any weight… WANT!
Slang from The Yay is hella fasheezy, fasho!
A ’40s makeup tutorial for girls who wear glasses
Speaking of retro…
How to read body language, according to an FBI agent
How’s your weekend going so far? I hope you’re doing something fun.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,